Louis was a city councillor 1872-1892 in Kattowitz where, in 1855 (according to later adverts), he founded a "colonial" delicatessen at Grundmannstrasse 3.
In 1894 Louis and Rudolf Borinski (presumeably his son) were running the business and Louis was living in Breslau where he died four years later.
In 1910 the business was owned by Rudolf Borinski and Ernst Borinski (another son, unknown to KH).
In 1914 Rudolf and Ernst (the latter now in Charlottenburg) are listed as owners of the business.
The business advertised in the Urzędowa Gazeta Gminy Izraelickiej w Katowicach until July 1933.
The record of his marriage in Beuthen cites Kattowitz.
His death certificate gives his address as Kaiser Wilhelmstrasse 79, Breslau.
Buried with his wife in Breslau's old Jewish cemetery.
Kaethe Halberstaedter’s "Borinski" notes;
JRI-Poland - died 1898 aged 64y 10m; his death record names both parents and spouse, all of whom agree with KH.
JRI-Poland - birth date taken from a record for a Louis Borinski born to Adolf in Sohrau in a year which fits his age at death;
1894 address book for Kattowitz, page 233;
1910 address book for Kattowitz, pages 95 (107) and 4 (12);
1914 address book for Kattowitz, page 113 (121);
jewishgen.org - German Jews (1865-1922) by Zygmunt Karski translated by Dr. Leon Chameides;
Georg Hoffmann: Geschichte der Stadt Kattowitz, 1895 page 106 (114);
Louis Borinski's death certificate;
cbj.jhi.pl - correspondence concerning his grave;
cbj.jhi.pl - Louis and Bertha Borinski's legacy;
Urzędowa Gazeta Gminy Izraelickiej w Katowiach 1932 nr. 20
This record was last updated on 31/12/2015 at 17:38